Jp2g Consultants Inc.
21-O04 – Financial Controller
Jp2g Consultants Inc. is an employee owned, multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing a comprehensive range of planning, engineering, environmental, and project management services to the public and private sectors, from offices located in Ottawa and Pembroke. Jp2g is committed to maintaining client satisfaction, encouraging employee growth, and enhancing our communities.
Jp2g currently requires a Financial Controller. We are looking for someone with:
- A university degree in accounting or business administration
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting
As a member of our Corporate Services team, the Financial Controller will be responsible for Jp2g’s accounting operations. The Financial Controller will participate in decision-making processes related to risk management, capital purchases, and business expansion.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Jp2g you will work with a dynamic multi-disciplinary group of engineers, technicians, project managers, and planners. As a valued member of our professional team, you will enjoy a unique working environment and will be provided with opportunities to demonstrate your initiative while developing your skills.
Role and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities for the Financial Controller include, but are not limited, to the following. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of Jp2g.
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions including financial auditing
- Manage Jp2g’s Ajera accounting software including custom reporting and interface set up
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting Department
- Oversee the accounting operations of each Department and their specific policies and procedures
- Complete accounting training for project managers (budget management, invoicing, forecasting)
- Manage insurance requirements
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain accounting filing system
- Seek government funding and tax credits as appropriate
- Issue timely and complete financial statements (monthly and annually)
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Establish benchmarks against which the performance of company operations is measured
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Prepare annual budget and forecasts
- Monitor variances from the budget
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Provide support for asset management financial analysis projects
- Provide information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- 5 Years of professional experience
- University degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Eligible to seek security clearances
- Valid Driver’s license
- Professional experience in the consulting engineering or construction industry
- Accounting Designation – CPA preferred
- Experience using Deltek Ajera accounting software
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Sound communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Office 365
Compensation and Benefits
- Friday afternoons off year-round (36 hour/week)
- Group RSP planning opportunities
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Future shareholder opportunities
Jp2g is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes, and when people are hired. We will develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada