Location: Montreal, QC
Contract Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension or conversion to permanent
Job Title: Assistant Controller
As a member of the Finance team, the job incumbent will be actively involved in all accounting & finance activities.
The position will also have the responsibility to assist the finance team with any other country finance tasks as required by management and will offer an exciting opportunity to work with different businesses, interact with multiple levels of management and have a significant exposure on financial and business concepts.
Participate in the month end process and support the finance shared service department.
Prepare internal management reports with appropriate analysis.
Participate actively in the budgeting process.
Perform analysis and control the various accounts; prepare timely reports for management in order to assist in the decision making process.
Coordinate various audits & participate in the preparation of the Canada statutory financial statements
Provide assistance on various company-wide tax matters.
Must have mandatory
- Recent audit firm experience minimum 2+ years (PWC, KPMG, EY, Deloitte, RCGT, BDO, Richter, Mazars and others accepted also)
- The above paired with industry experience is even better but not a must (financial analyst, accountant, assistant controller, controller, etc.)
- CPA designation obtained in Canada
- Excellent English speaking sills
- Good overall excel skills
Nice to have
- Bilingual English and French
- SAP experience or another ERP
- Tax experience T2 – Corporate tax
Staffing and Recruiting
Montreal, Quebec, Canada