Founded in 1970, e4c exists to limit, alleviate and ultimately eliminate poverty. As a registered charitable organization, we create opportunities for people to become self-supporting while contributing to the growth of inclusive, caring communities. e4c currently offers over 20 programs, impacting 15,000 people every year.
Operating in four quadrants of the city, our programs address the fundamental causes of vulnerability for children, youth, families, individuals and communities. They are focused in four main areas: Food Security, Education and Skill Development, Housing & Shelter and Community Connection.
e4c Board Members:
Our Board of Directors is a volunteer-based Governance Board. It consists of 18 Directors, who are elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). Term lengths are two or three years. Directors may serve no more than nine years. It is the role of the Board of Directors to:
- Determine the organization’s overall strategic direction
- Monitor organizational performance
- Select, evaluate and support the Chief Executive Officer
- Develop and conserve the organization’s resources
- Promote and support the organization and its purpose
- Bi-monthly virtual or social distancing Board meetings (5:30pm to 7:30pm)
- Virtual Committee Meetings (average once every 30 or 60 days)
- Virtual Community events, workshops, forums, training, etc.
What We Can Offer You
- An opportunity to give back to your community
- Experience working on a not for profit Governance Board
- A role in eliminating poverty in the city of Edmonton
- Effective use of your expertise and experience
- Networking possibilities
Who Should Apply?
We are seeking candidates who support what we do and bring a community perspective to the Board. Experience in the following areas would be an asset:
- Strategic planning/Governance
- Business Acumen
- Community Involvement
- Social Services
The Nominations Committee is seeking applications for our Board and will conduct interviews for vacant Board positions. Selected candidates will be voted in at the AGM in May. A Police Information Check is required.
Please include the following in your application:
- Cover Letter (one page) outlining your interest
- Resume (maximum three pages)
- Two professional references
Please submit your application package to:
Pat Bounds, Nomination Committee Chair
c/o Barb Spencer, e4c
9321 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, AB T5H 3T7
Phone: 780.424.7543 ext. 165
- Please contact Barb Spencer (contact information above).
Thank you for your interest in joining the e4c Board of Directors.
Individual & Family Services
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada