Business Analyst – Business Intelligence & Analytics
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a senior-level business analyst to provide business leaders with crucial insights and recommendations for improvement. This role is part of our new Business Analytics Center of Excellence, where analysts are assigned to support one or more business functions. Are you passionate about playing a critical role as a strategic advisor to business functions and leaders? If so, we encourage you to apply! This person will use data, create and define metrics, measure performance, and develop reports. They will also build models, forecast outcomes, run experiments, and perform in-depth diagnostic analysis.
Ultimate success goes beyond data-related activities and delivers the “so what” that drives decisions and real business impact. It is imperative to fully understand the business function (processes, objectives, organization, performance drivers, barriers), and connect the dots between data analysis, business strategy, financial and operational effectiveness. We are looking for someone who is excited about seeing the bigger picture to make cross-functional connections in business processes, financial performance, and data. We expect that we not only answer the question asked, but also the question that was not. This Business Analyst needs to build positive relationships across the organization and have a “find a way” attitude.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Analyze data, build models, test hypotheses, find root causes, develop prototypes, forecast performance, create Tableau reports, and write SQL scripts; and extract insights from these data activities to inform business decisions.
- Utilize your financial analysis skills to assess and make recommendations that drive profitable business decisions.
- Use descriptive (what happened) and diagnostic (why did it happen) analytics to develop specific, actionable recommendations for business leaders.
- Define metrics that are independent, holistic, accurate, encourage the right behaviors, and are aligned with company strategy and objectives.
- Map business processes to their corresponding data flows.
- Proactively identify and surface opportunities to improve efficiency, conversion, revenue generation, client and talent experience, operations, communication, systems & tools, cash usage, etc.
- Work closely with data analysts, data scientists, report developers, and business process owners to empower data-backed decision making.
In The First Week, Expect To
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal, and quickly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Shadow key teams to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and capabilities, including Growth, Talent Operations, Enterprise, and SMB.
In The First Month, Expect To
- Understand the data generated through company operations and activities and where/how that data is stored–especially as it relates to our team.
- Obtain a basic understanding of the assigned business function and its operations.
- Assess the current state of performance metrics, reports, dashboards, models, and analyses used, and identify discrepancies and areas for improvement.
- Begin supporting the function leader with relevant insights and reports for bi-weekly leadership meetings.
In The First Three Months, Expect To
- Develop a proficiency of data elements of the function and obtain a robust understanding of critical business processes.
- Gain an understanding and ability to assess the drivers and impacts of business decisions on financial performance.
- Begin standardizing definitions and aligning metrics with OKRs and company initiatives.
- Begin identifying new opportunities to explore in the quest to improve performance continually.
In The First Six Months, Expect To
- Begin to solve real business problems as a team that will move the needle on key performance metrics and financial performance.
- Help us align and standardize metric definitions across the company.
- Perform detailed root cause analysis to expose critical drivers of performance.
In The First Year, Expect To
- Inform significant strategic initiatives, goals, priorities, and performance indicators.
- Become an expert both on business process and data flow, and assist in building a new outstanding business analytics function.
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis, analytics, or business intelligence is required.
- 2+ years of experience within general consulting or an analytical operations function is required.
- Both a strong background in math, science, finance, engineering, or statistics and deep business insight is required; advanced degrees and/or MBA are a plus.
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, etc.).
- Proficiency in SQL; experience with R, Python, or MATLAB is a plus.
- Experience with exploratory data analysis, prototyping, testing hypotheses, performing root cause analyses, modeling business processes, building forecasts, creating predictive models, defining metrics, and/or measuring business performance.
- Track record of linking data and analytics to business strategy, financial performance, and operations to drive real impact.
- Working knowledge of probability and statistics, experience with process improvement is a plus.
- Ability to explain complex issues simply and intuitively, and willingness to challenge assumptions, communicate limitations, and flag blind spots.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #canada #southamerica
Project ManagementGeneral BusinessFinance
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.