Westmont Montessori School
Westmont Montessori School is an independent preschool to Grade 12 school situated on an eight-acre site in beautiful Metchosin BC. The school is known for its commitment to academic excellence. We offer a caring environment where learning is pursued with individual curiosity and collective passion. Our students graduate with the skills and confidence they need to be independent thinkers, creative problem solvers and lifelong learners. By focusing on citizenship, virtues and leadership, we model and teach good practice for functioning in the greater world.
The Westmont Montessori community includes around 235 students and 50 teachers and staff housed in three buildings on our campus. We are guided by our strategic plan and an active board, and supported by a vibrant Parent Advisory Committee and engaged, family volunteers.
Our school is a dynamic and growing workplace. In recent years, we have built our landmark main building, expanded our lower and middle school programs, and introduced a High School program recognized as exceptional by the BC Ministry of Education. Next year, we will be expanding our scholarship program and fundraising activities, and redeveloping our High School program and building while continuing to deliver an exceptional learning experience to our students.
The Business Manager reports to the Head of School and is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the financial and business operations of the school.
As the head of the finance function and a member of the school’s admin team, the Business Manager works closely with the Head of School and the Board to ensure that the school is financially sound and that new initiatives and decisions are financially feasible.
The Business Manager manages the school’s finance and business-related relationships with external partners, is the main contact for families for financial concerns, and supports the PAC.
The Business Manager ensures that the school’s financial and administrative practices continue to be effective. In the immediate future, this will include improving the finance and admin-related policies and processes as well as selecting and implementing a new accounting system.
Qualifications and Experience
- Professional accounting designation CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, or equivalent
- Seven or more years of progressive, hands-on experience preferably in an educational organization
- Expertise in developing and implementing financial plans and managing budgets in a dynamic work environment
- Experience in selecting and implementing new accounting systems or related software
- Strong communications and negotiating skills with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and direction
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience in a dynamic work environment
- Flexibility and ability to creatively solve diverse and often sensitive problems
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy in working with Boards and engaged stakeholders
Contact: [email protected] phone: 250 360 734
Closing date: April 6, 2021
Metchosin, British Columbia, Canada