National Bank of Canada
Chief Analyst, Strategic Initiatives Project Delivery
The Project Delivery team is part of NBIN’s Strategic Initiatives Group. This team is responsible for leading the strategic initiatives within the Independent Network business unit, as well as supporting wealth-wide initiatives that may impact NBIN. These initiatives can be product, service or process related. The team will harness their expertise, foresight and knowledge to create new processes, solutions and strategies for the success of the Independent Network, it’s clients, and wealth management.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives Group (based in Toronto), you will be a key contributor to the group’s objectives, which is to deliver solutions to support our network of independent clients, and be the best in at our craft in doing so.
Specifically You Will
- Lead research and analysis projects that will contribute to the overall efficiency of the business unit from a products, service and workflow perspective;
- Assist teams or individuals in the development of new initiatives and business processes including information gathering, model development, analysis, redesign, implementation and monitoring of new processes;
- Collaborate closely and maintain partnerships with internal and external contributors as part of shared projects;
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive);
- Elicit and clearly document business, systems and functional requirements;
- Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs;
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process;
- Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries and updates;
- Create and maintain project schedules by developing and/or contributing to project plans and specifications, monitoring milestone completion, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts;
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices;
- Ensure all materials and processes developed are in compliance with internal practices and external regulations;
- Act as a subject matter expert, providing advice, business expertise, and recommendations on a variety of initiatives strategic to NBIN;
- Participate in committees (internally and externally) or special projects that require a high level of expertise;
- Recommend new ideas for product and process that enhance the growth of NBIN.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area of activity plus six years’ relevant experience OR Master’s degree in a related area of activity plus four years’ relevant experience OR University certificate/undergraduate diploma from the National Bank University Program and eight years’ relevant experience
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC), an asset
- CBAP, PMP, CSM, or CSPO designation, an asset
- Minimum 5 years previous business analysis and/or project management (agile and/or waterfall) experience, mandatory
- Previous financial services or wealth management experience, mandatory
- Three years’ or more in an operations or technology role, an asset
- Thorough knowledge of the industry and the core services offered by NBIN, an asset
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with a high level of professionalism both internally & externally
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Working knowledge of Jira, an asset
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
At National Bank, we stand out by investing in our employees throughout their careers—as demonstrated when we were awarded silver in the “Most Innovative use of HR Technology” category at the 2020 Canadian HR Awards for our use of Axonify, a personalized learning solution that can be used every day.
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We’re committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we’ll be happy to accommodate you.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.