Northcrest Developments (“Northcrest”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Public Sector Pension Investment Board (“PSP”), responsible for leading the redevelopment of the Downsview airport site in Toronto currently occupied by Bombardier Aerospace. The Downsview site is a generational opportunity to transform an entire area of the city into a thriving mixed-use urban environment.
PSP owns approximately 370 acres of land next to three subway stations and a GO train station that will be redeveloped once Bombardier leave the site and the airport is closed. Working in collaboration with Canada Lands Company (“CLC”) who own adjacent lands, master planning is underway on an approximately 520 acre area to reimagine what a 21st century city could be. The vision is to create a place for people that is sustainable, resilient, and future oriented.
Matrix360 is a dynamic, talent management and workplace strategy firm with two decades of success; we have refined our people centric approach that ensures that we evaluate the unique nature of the individual and the key dynamics of each client we do business with. We implement a highly systematic approach. We begin by tapping into our broad base of knowledge cultivated from our vast experience, connecting people to ideas and ideas to people. From this platform of intelligence, we connect clients to candidates and candidates to clients, ultimately enabling us to provide dynamic solutions to recruitment and career requirements. In addition, we are steeled to preserving a boutique environment and the mentorship mindset. We deliver a personal touch and a commitment to integrity, equity and collaboration.
Matrix360 remains true to the Commercial Real Estate and Development (CRED) industry areas of expertise, which include development, construction, leasing, real estate investments, operations, accounting, legal, planning, architecture, sustainability, asset and property management sectors.
On behalf of our client Northcrest, we are seeking a Manager of Communications to join their Corporate Affairs team. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Public and Corporate Affairs, the Manager of Communications is responsible for designing and executing strategic communications tailored to meet specific initiatives and project objectives.
The individual will possess the ability to effectively communicate ideas, persuade others to accomplish objectives and drive commitment from awareness to buy-in for Northcrest. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player, with a passion for city building. In addition, the individual will be able to work in a dynamic environment and across multiple projects and consultant teams.
The compensation package range is competitive based on the level of industry experience and exposure. Our client is an advocate for equity and diversity and recognizes the importance of leadership engagement within its framework.
- Contribute to the development of an annual Corporate Communications Strategy and lead development of project-based community relations direction that aligns to strategic and service priorities of Northcrest
- Develop and monitor KPI’s and dashboards to measure and assess the effectiveness of all internal and external communications programs
- Ensure that clear and comprehensive communication processes and policies are in place, and assist with compliance by providing directional advice, briefing notes, and communications planning for internal clients, programs and initiatives
- Draft, coordinate, support executive team in the preparation of public presentations, speeches, talking points, interviews and other forms of public engagement and governmental relations
- Develop and implement effective internal employee communications in partnership with Corporate Leadership and Operations team
- Provide strategic input on all internal communications and announcements, including but not limited to, organizational changes, firm-wide policies, corporate updates, and crisis management, and ensure messaging is aligned, consistent, and strategic
- Nurture and develop relationships with key media outlets to further promote Northcrest targeted at a variety of stakeholders including the public, community and advocacy groups, shareholders and investors
- Serve as the primary point of contact for media and community inquiries, press releases, generating stories and news media coverage in print, broadcast, and digital forms, and as lead for any review of marketing materials produced by other teams or external vendors/partners
- Content writer and editor for webmaster, digital/social media and any other eventual positions to support events planning and community engagement
- Oversee sponsorship, corporate giving, industry group alignment, and target awards
- Monitor and prepare for key stakeholders reports on sustainability, ESG, strategic communication metrics, including audience growth and engagement (including with people who hold historically underserved identities) and data analysis
- Extensive experience dealing with high-profile and sensitive communications issues in a fast-paced and public facing environment
- Graduate degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Public Relations, marketing or a related field is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in communications, public relations, media relations and/or a related field.
- Proven skills in developing and executing complex strategic communication/marketing plans
- Experience with leading, coaching, influencing and team building skills in order to foster, motivate and support an environment of high performance, trust and collaboration
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including speaking and writing clearly, persuasively and creatively to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated communication/editorial judgment, diplomacy, and ability to handle sensitive issues and situations
- Outcome focused, critical thinker with the ability to analyze and visualize, to ensure continuous improvement across the continuum
- Hands on digital and social media exposure to react, respond and engage with online public
- Familiarity with issues, risks and opportunities related to real estate development an asset
- Collaborative team player with superior influencing skills, who build relationships across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
- Ability to problem solve effectively and adept at handling competing priorities and deadlines
- Friendly and professional demeanor with a positive attitude
- Twitter: @matrix_360inc
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/matrix-search-group
- Instagram: @matrix360_inc
Northcrest & Matrix360 are strong advocates for diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, abilities, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Real EstateCommercial Real EstatePublic Relations and Communications
Toronto, Ontario, Canada