AutoMetrics Manufacturing Technologies Inc
Computer Vision Engineer – Machine learning
AutoMetrics is changing the way manufacturing quality is checked in heavy industry, from automotive and civil structures to shipbuilding and pipelines! Our flagship system for welding operations carries a machine-learning-powered brain to automatically detect any abnormality during the process, just like an experienced welder’s eyes! Our futuristic dashboard provides not just process data but also actionable insight, bridging between process-level and operation-level quality inspection.
AutoMetrics also provides customized software dev services to the manufacturing sector. Our team’s expertise ranges from manufacturing and engineering to software dev and IA, making us the best fit to lead automation projects from strategy to product dev and pilot.
AutoMetrics is excited to bring on a Junior Computer Vision Engineer to our growing team and contribute to our next growth phase! As a Junior Computer Vision Engineer you will be developing highly innovative computer vision and signal processing modules for automated and real-time inspection in a variety of manufacturing setups as well as predictive components for automated process control. In this position, you will be part of our machine learning and AI team that develops scalable modules to be integrated into an advanced system of hardware and IoT. You will also make sure developments resonate with the company’s product development plans and business objectives.
You have expertise in managing a machine learning product from the data collection planning point up to optimizing and containerizing for deployment as well as an extensive grasp of classic computer vision methods and libraries. Specific applications may include feature detection, real-time analytics, image enhancement/registry, predictive maintenance, and 3D vision. Majority of the developments will be python-based, however expertise or knowledge of C++ may be required for our scale-up plans.
- Take the lead on a variety of projects: data collection, analysis, algorithm design, and scale-up
- Implement/deploy state-of-the-art ML models for image registration, feature detection, classification, prediction, and stereo
- Develop and scale our data-driven systems; expertise in system optimization and performance enhancement via advanced methods such as quantization
- Proactively contribute to and implements continuous improvement initiatives
- Produce task lists to breakdown project assignments into appropriate levels of detail
- Produce required technical reports and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics, Computer Science or Data Science
- At least one year of experience in deep learning as well as image processing and classic computer vision methods and tools in a production-level setup
- Proficiency in deep model deployment and edge applications and containerizing specifically Docker
- Experience using OpenCV and TensorFlow suite
- Proficiency in Python and/or C++, and ability to write scalable codes
- Previous experience with robotic systems and vision is considered an asset
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada