Exceed Electrical Engineering Ltd.
Control Systems Engineer
Exceed Electrical Engineer is seeking an Intermediate or Senior Control Systems Engineer or Technologist with experience in control systems and related equipment. Experience with water and wastewater processes will be considered an asset.
This position will be based out of our office in the downtown heart of Kamloops, BC, close to many restaurants and coffee shops. We offer a fun working environment with flexibility for personal and family time. Our benefits package includes health and dental including the ability to bank extra time worked.
Kamloops is centrally located in the heart of the BC interior, located within reasonable travel distance to major centers including Vancouver, Kelowna, and Calgary. Living in Kamloops offers world class skiing, mountain biking, hiking, and fishing among various other activities, making Kamloops an outdoor enthusiasts’ all-season playground. Beyond the outdoors, Kamloops offers history, music, theatre, and plenty of events to participate in throughout the year.
The ideal candidate will play a key role in supporting Exceed’s projects. You are the first line of support for various clients throughout BC. You will be responsible for system designs, assisting junior engineers and technologists, as well as managing clients and projects. Part of the role will require onsite troubleshooting with various control architectures including industrial networking. Understanding of different processes such as water/wastewater treatment, materials handling, pumping, and other processes are considered an asset.
Location: Kamloops, BC
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate to experience.
- Collaborate with the Exceed team at initial conceptual design phase of engineering projects throughout closeout of the project.
- Develop and revise technical specifications
- Read control schematics, identify errors, mark-up schematics with corrections, and reverse engineer control systems
- Support junior engineers and designers with technical issues
- Travel province-wide to remote sites to perform field reviews, meet with clients, troubleshoot issues, or commission projects.
- Attend client meetings, record and understand client requirements.
- Design electrical control panels and control systems.
- Test finished products and system capabilities during FAT or SAT.
- Manage timelines and budgets for controls related projects.
- Engineers: Bachelor of Applied Science or Bachelor of Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution with a focus on Electrical Engineering.
- Two or more year Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in an electrical & controls environment.
- Engineers must have registration with, or eligible to be registered with Engineers and Geoscientists of B.C. and have P.Eng status or be in the process of obtaining P.Eng. status. Technologists must have registration with, or eligible to be registers with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia.
- Ability to communicate clearly and consistency in English.
- Strong computer and programming skills.
- Proficient in Schneider Modicon, Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC programming.
- Proficient with various HMI software such as iFix, FactoryTalk, WinCC and VTScada
- Good knowledge of networking including layer 3 routing. Firewall experience an asset.
- Good working knowledge of virtualized environments.
- Able to rapidly establish a good working relationship with clients.
- Entrepreneurial work ethic.
- This position has been deemed as Safety Sensitive – successful candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment Alcohol and Drug test and background clearance check.
- Must possess a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
Our disciplined commitment to working efficiently and maintaining constant communication with our clients leads to high quality projects being performed on time and on budget. The work we do is important and is given the proper attention and focus that it deserves.
We relentlessly serve our clients to ensure they are always our top priority. This leads to a close working relationship where their needs are fulfilled with the highest of standards. The duty is on us as the performers of the work to continually keep clients updated and privy to their complete project workflow.
We focus on our People
We leverage the strengths of our people so that they are most effective in what they do. This is done by highlighting their intrinsic, gifted skills and not focusing on trying to develop their weaknesses.
Our Community benefits from what we do.
We have a written obligation to give a portion of our profits back to our community. This concept is engrained in the structure of our company and provides direct and immediate improvements in the quality of life in our neighbourhoods.
Modern Innovations are incorporated in our work.
Our designs take an innovative approach using modern solutions. This leads to efficiencies for our clients so their capital can be focused where better served.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada