Brookfield Asset Management
Brookfield Asset Management
Toronto, OntarioAbout The OrganizationBrookfield Asset Management (“Brookfield”) is a leading global alternative asset manager with approximately US$600 billion in assets under management across real estate, infrastructure, renewable power, private equity, and credit. Brookfield owns and operates long-life assets and businesses, many of which form the backbone of the global economy. Utilizing its global reach, access to large-scale capital and operational expertise, Brookfield offers a range of alternative investment products to investors around the world – including public and private pension plans, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, insurance companies and private wealth investors. Brookfield Management is listed on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the symbols BAM and BAM.A, respectively.
Brookfield’s Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting function established within Brookfield Asset Management with a team of audit professionals based in Toronto, New York, Brazil, Australia, London, India, and China. The Department provides internal audit services to Brookfield Assessment Management and all public controlled affiliates.
Brookfield has a unique and dynamic culture. We seek team members who have a long-term focus and whose values align with our Attributes of a Brookfield Leader: Entrepreneurial, Collaborative and Disciplined. Brookfield is committed to the development of our people through challenging work assignments and exposure to diverse businesses.
The Internal Auditor is a full-time position, in our downtown Toronto office. Working under the general direction of the Senior Auditor, Manager and Director, the Internal Auditor will be joining a team of experienced CPAs that will provide mentorship to support professional development and progression towards the CPA designation.
- Assist with SOX audit program, including performing walkthroughs and executing testing procedures
- Assist in the execution of the asset management annual internal audit program, including compliance monitoring testing
- Perform testing to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Present clear, concise and constructive audit findings based on facts, risks, and recommendations to the team
- Prepare working papers in accordance with audit standards and internal audit procedures
- Draft audit report and communicate the findings and recommendations to the team
- Maintain departmental standards and quality of audit engagements in line with the documented audit procedures (included in the Audit Manual) and the IIA Standards
- Other internal audit or ad-hoc projects such as audit committee reporting or carrying out research on new policies or systems
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, management and other staff
- Participate in the execution of departmental initiatives
To Qualify, Candidates Must Have
- Completed a post-secondary degree, with a focus in accounting or finance
- Intent to pursue the CPA designation
- Relevant prior experience in asset management or financial services (e.g., through current work experience, internships, case competitions, summer positions)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office™ tools
- Analytical and inquisitive mindset, a strategic thinker and problem solver
- Demonstrated leadership, is self-motivated, hard-working and able to work independently
- Strong communication skills in both written (documentation of findings and reports) and verbal (interviewing process owners, presentation of findings in client meetings)
- Self-motivated and proactive, with respect to both managing workload and professional development
Why join Brookfield as a new graduate?
- Brookfield is a certified training office where you can obtain your CPA Designation through our Pre-Approved Program, including mentorship.
- Educational Support – As you prepare to write the CFE, you will be provided the necessary support to ensure your success, including the opportunity to participate in one of the industry’s leading CFE preparation programs
- Diversified Experience – As an Internal Auditor, your experience at Brookfield will not only provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the internal audit process but also a deep understanding of the many business processes within the entire organization
For More Details, We Encourage Applicants To Read Brookfield’s Applicant Data Protection And Privacy Notice, Found On Our Website
At Brookfield, we care about your privacy and strive to protect Applicant Data throughout the recruitment process. To that end, information that we gather from applicants via job postings, is used solely for the purposes of recruiting and hiring.
Information Technology and ServicesBankingFinancial Services
Toronto, Ontario, Canada