Kibana – UI Tech Lead / Distinguished Engineer
About The Role
Kibana is the data query and visualization UI that we provide to help users communicate and share their analysis with their colleagues and customers. But it’s more than that; Kibana is the platform on which we’re building integrated user experiences for our solutions, including SIEM, APM (Application Performance Monitoring), Enterprise Search, and more. Eventually, we want Kibana to become an ecosystem where partners and third parties can build their own applications on the Elastic stack.
Some of the things you’ll work on
- Helping to define the architecture of Kibana and the roadmap to implement it
- Evaluating new technology, making recommendations on technological solutions, and establishing a technological vision for Kibana
- Identify current areas of needed improvement in our product architecture and design methodologies.
- Bring a pragmatic approach to our current technology stack, with an eye toward improving maintainability, testability, re-use, and reliability of our product offerings. Lead the effort to implement changes based on your analysis
- Leading technical discussions and requirements analysis with internal and external customers to drive alignment with customer needs
- Reviewing and approving implementation designs for core features of Kibana
- Communicating and evangelizing the Kibana architecture roadmap internally and with the community
- Collaborating with other Tech Leads on the Kibana team and across Elastic to align priorities and roadmaps, and make appropriate technology choices and compromises
- Guiding the Kibana team and other UI teams using the Kibana platform on best practices and help them to stay aligned with the Kibana architecture roadmap
- Advising Elastic’s leadership team on emerging and important UI/UX technologies and industry trends
- Representing company at conferences and networking events
- Contributing code where it is tactically important or demonstrates a new direction via POC’s and prototypes
- Reviewing code for critical implementations to ensure they achieve their architecture goals
- Interviewing engineers for the team
- Mentoring senior engineers
What you will bring along:
- You have been in a technical leadership role for a product with a significant user-interface codebase
- Previous architect or technical lead experience on large projects with high level of autonomy ie: more than 20 engineers and multiple years and releases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Direct experience with our technology stack Linux, Windows, iOS, multiple browsers, Node.js, React, Redux and building full stack applications with REST APIs, databases and distributed services
Nice to have
- Experience using or managing the Elastic Stack and Kibana
- Record of inheriting existing medium-to-large scale projects
- Have worked on software that is distributed as installable artifacts (not a SaaS)
- Have worked on software with a plugin system
Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. At Elastic, we effectively don’t have a hierarchy to speak of. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on truly anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Information Technology and ServicesComputer SoftwareInternet
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.