Lead Big Data Engineer
What will you do?
- Design and code (Java, Scala, Spark) solutions to support common and strategic data sourcing needs.
- Successfully deliver strategic data sourcing projects on time and within budget
- Help drive the architecture design to build on the service based models, maximizing central services to create scale, drive down time to market whilst also ensuring consistent and repeatable deliveries
- Work with the Project Management function to ensure project financials, resource allocations and project activities remain on track and to plan
- Manage development projects through to successful completion including oversight of onshore and offshore development resources
- Build out of strong development unit test practices, with a goal of automated regression testing
- Help embed DevOps continuous integration processes into the SDLC code promotion process ensuring it is as efficient as possible
- Contribute to successful project completion by identifying risks and developing / recommending mitigation strategies
What do you need to succeed?
- 7-10+ years’ experience in developing and leading development of Java/Scala/Web/Solace/SQL/Big-Data technologies (Hadoop/Spark)
- Architecture design experience
- Agile/SCRUM experience within SDLC development practices
- DevOps experience with continuous integration/delivery tools and technologies including GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, JIRA, Confluence, and Urban Code Deploy
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Undergraduate degree/diploma in computer science/engineering or related technology discipline
- Experience with Capital Markets, Retail Banking or other financial technology services’ middle/back office environments
- Background in financial services industry
- Proficiency in XML technologies (XSD etc)
- Experience with web application and web services development
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to engage in challenging work.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
Learn More About RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers
Discover the Indigenous Space
Indigenous communities have a long history of partnering with RBC. By building relationships based on mutual respect, shared values and a common understanding, together we can create a strong, sustainable future for communities from coast to coast to coast.
Learn more at https://www.rbc.com/indigenous/index.html
Address: 155 Wellington St West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 03/28/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 325099
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.