National Bank of Canada
Legal advisor Privacy Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Are you passionate about legal and governance issues related to the protection of personal information?
- Would you like to help transform business strategies that involve the use of personal information, data, and artificial intelligence?
- Do you have strong interpersonal and writing skills along with good analytical skills and the ability to process and synthesize information?
We are looking for a legal advisor who is known for being efficient, proactive and a self-starter. The Senior Legal Advisor will be involved in defining strategic orientations, developing and promoting the governance/compliance program for the protection of personal information at National Bank and its subsidiaries, and will also provide legal advice on this matter to all sectors of the organization. They will report to the Chief Privacy Officer.
Your Main Challenges
- Provide advice about the protection of personal information, privacy, data, and artificial intelligence, primarily with regard to analyzing, researching, and drafting legal opinions
- Monitor new regulatory requirements, emerging risks, and best practices with regard to privacy issues
- Ensure the implementation of compliance and governance principles, and policies and procedures related to the protection of personal information, all in keeping with the organization’s business orientations
- Develop training and awareness programs and tools to ensure that our practices comply with regulatory requirements
- Ensure and periodically attest to compliance with regulatory requirements
- Manage personal privacy-related complaints
- Support the organization in managing information security incidents and participate in simulation exercises to ensure a coordinated approach is taken to security incident management
- Help develop complex or sensitive business strategies that require advanced legal expertise
- Provide support for sectors and business units in developing and implementing projects, policies and procedures, and control standards for managing risks related to the protection of personal information
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree in Law, with at least 7 years of relevant experience
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
- Experience in a large firm, an asset
- Knowledge of the banking industry, an asset
- Strong ability to build trust in relationships quickly
- Ability to bring together people who are not under your authority
- Ability to work as part of a team and ensure the cooperation of all members
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to influence and convince others by solid arguments at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage priorities and a large volume of files
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
Ready to make a difference within a team? Want to make a positive impact? Submit your application!
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We’re committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we’ll be happy to accommodate you.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.