Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) – Adult ER
Position Number: 20042472
Posting End Date: March 19, 2021
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Adult ER – HSC 2
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date – End Date: April 30, 2021 – April 30, 2022
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Nights
Daily Hours Worked: 8.00
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Patient Care, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing professional practical nursing services to designated patients, including independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, collaboration and interaction within the healthcare team and participation in the coordination of patient care and discharge. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the region/facility/unit.
- Recent, related, experience in the applicable clinical area may be required, or preferred.
- Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical Nursing Education program required.
- Certification in IV Therapy; IV Medication Administration.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of active registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the applicable policy.
Qualifications And Skills
- Knowledge of:
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba Code of Ethics for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Licensed Practical Nurses Act.
- Regional/Facility/Unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to the clinical area.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual patient or group of patients.
- Ability to delegate care appropriately and monitor outcomes of delegated care.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Proficient with computers, software programs, and applications such as Windows and Word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
- Rotating shifts and weekends may be required.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Health Care Provider
Nonprofit Organization ManagementMental Health CareHospital & Health Care
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.