Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail – Floral
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia (CA-BC)
Location: 9469 Tuscany Village Thrifty
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Floral Manager is responsible for the efficient and fiscally responsible operation of the department. The Manager will lead and manage staff to achieve the highest level of customer service, while adhering to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, corporate policies and Health and Safety, and other programs and initiatives. The Manager will also manage budgets, labour costs, inventory control, product presentation and merchandising. The Manager will coach, motivate and develop their team to foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Manage direct reports including: selection, orientation, training and development, performance management, succession planning and compensation
- Communicate operational requirements/changes to department employees
- Create a shopping experience that engages customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales, and profit
- Provide superior customer service to meet customer needs
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge, including awareness of product changes, promotions, and seasonal trends
- Create floral arrangements
- Order, receive, organize, rotate, merchandise and present products and stock in accordance with company standards
- Lead the implementation of all corporate policies, initiatives, and Standard Operating Procedures and ensure the department and employees comply and use them effectively, including timely and accurate submission of all relevant documentation as required
- Responsible for ensuring that OH&S, food safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and maintained
- Directly responsible to ensure the department achieves all financial targets and maximizes sales and margins, including appropriate sales forecasting, variance analysis and correction, and labour cost control
- Act as the employer of choice by actively supporting an environment of employee engagement
- Initiate, support, participate and lead community and charitable events and activities
- Coordinate maintenance of department equipment and repairs
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 18 months of retail store experience, particularly in the specific department
- Experience reading and analyzing financial reports, and experience in developing and adhering to budgets
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Full knowledge of department operations and skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Food & BeveragesConsumer GoodsRetail
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.