Medical Scientist, Medical Affairs (HIV) – Ontario
For Current Gilead Employees And Contractors
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Gilead Sciences is seeking a knowledgeable and motivated Medical Scientist capable of working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment. The successful candidate will assume a full-time employment role in the capacity of Medical Scientist in HIV therapeutic area. The Medical Scientist, Medical Affairs (HIV) will report to the Director of Medical Affairs HIV. The role will be field-based and requires travel, when it is safe to do so.
- Implements defined goals and objectives aligned with the Medical Affairs Plan of Action and other strategic initiatives within the HIV therapeutic area covering treatment and prevention.
- Responds to clinical inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead products.
- Develops and presents complex scientific and clinical data related to Gilead products.
- Identifies and develops regional and national opinion leaders to support Gilead products through personal contacts and on-site visits.
- Establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and healthcare professionals at academic and non-academic settings.
- Works on Gilead phase 3/phase 4 programs that include collaboration with investigators and Gilead personnel.
- Provides input into site selection for both phase 4 and other clinical trials.
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Clinical Research, Global Safety and Global Medical Affairs.
- Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of settings.
- The incumbent travels to appointments, meetings and conferences on a frequent and regular basis, occasionally with short notice.
- Must have the ability to work as a member of several teams that may overlap such as national MS team, national accounts and others.
- Exhibits Gilead’s core values: integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability, and excellence.
- Advanced health sciences degree (M.D., Pharm. D., PhD are preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry.
- Two to four years of experience in HIV and clinical/research arena preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills (including ability to network).
- Bilingual (French and English) candidates are preferred.
- Excellent project management ability and organizational skills, including the management of multiple priorities and resources.
- Excellent judgment and personal initiative are required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook) is required.
- Must have knowledge of and be willing to comply with all regulatory/compliance policies.
- Ability to travel 70% of the time; domestic and international travel is required, including potential attendance at conferences which may include occasional weekend travel.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.