Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Nurse 2 – Repost
Position Number: 20029438
Posting End Date: March 19, 2021
Site: Riverview Health Centre
Department / Unit: 3W Personal Care
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date – End Date: ASAP – Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Nights
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $35.681, $36.919, $38.156, $39.475, $40.747, $42.056
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Patient Care Manager, the Registered Nurse provides professional registered nursing services for patients/residents/clients with complex and unpredictable health needs, including independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, fulfilling a leadership role within the interdisciplinary health care team, facilitating coordination of patient/resident/client care and discharge and participating in professional growth and development activities. The Registered Nurse demonstrates a commitment to the mission, vision, values, goals and objectives of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and Riverview Health Centre.
- Experience in the clinical area applied for an asset.
- Graduate of an approved education program conferring the designation “Graduate Nurse”.
- Specialty training related to the clinical area applied for or willingness to complete same within a defined period of time as related to the program of study.
- CNA certification in a specialty related to the assigned clinical area preferred.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of active registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
- Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
- BLS or Family and Friends certification is recommended.
Qualifications And Skills
- Knowledge of:
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses.
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Regional/Facility/Unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to clinical area.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Principles of delegation.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual patient or group of patients.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Proficient with computers, software programs, and applications such as Windows and Word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Physical and mental health to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition
Health Care Provider
Nonprofit Organization ManagementMental Health CareHospital & Health Care
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada