National Bank of Canada
Portfolio manager Real Estate Financing
- Are you known for your strong skills in multi-family real estate lending and construction financing?
- Are you an experienced negotiator?
- Do you want to create a positive IMPACT with our commercial clients?
The Real Estate Financing group has shown strong growth in recent years and is expanding across Canada. With this in mind, the group is seeking the services of a new Portfolio Manager to be located in Toronto or Montreal.
The Real Estate Financing group’s mission is to support the biggest players in the real estate industry in both their interim construction financing projects and the long-term financing of high-quality assets.
This position reports to the Associate Vice-President. The role of the Portfolio Manager is to maintain a relationship with clients, handle new applications and renew files.
Your Main Challenges
- With your Account Manager partners, take charge of complex aspects in their portfolios (analyze files, prepare draft offers of financing and letters of offer, carry out negotiations)
- Negotiate financing terms and conditions with the Credit department
- Negotiate financing terms and conditions with clients and prospects
- Help set up and renew complex files with Account Managers
- Review documents from experts (cost and environment consultants, lawyers, CMHC contacts, etc.) and negotiate with clients
- Review conditions precedent before disbursements
- The incumbent must be able to identify the risks inherent to Wealth Management sector activities
- A completed bachelor’s degree in a related field plus 7 years of relevant experience, OR a completed master’s degree in a related field plus 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in real estate financing
- Relevant experience in commercial credit
- Negotiation experience
- Experience in customer service
- Business development experience, an asset
- Knowledge of products and services for businesses
- Good interpersonal skills
- Bilingualism (spoken/written) French and English, an asset
Are you excited by this type of mandate? Apply now!
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We’re committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we’ll be happy to accommodate you.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.