Dodge Data & Analytics
Principal Dotnet Developer
About Dodge Data & Analytics:
At Dodge Data & Analytics (DDA), we believe construction is a critical sector of our economy. It is the engine that powers economic growth by creating a wealth of jobs throughout the industry.
Unfortunately, though, for many companies in this space, construction jobs are often hard to find. This results in project delays and missed opportunities for everyone from architects to specialty trade sub-contractors. With these difficult economic times, companies, and their employees, cannot afford not to know about work. That is where we come in.
It is our job to make sure construction firms have visibility to any, and all jobs they could apply for. We are the leading provider of commercial construction project data, market forecasting & analytics, and workflow integration. Our solutions are used every day by building product manufacturers, architects, engineers, contractors, and specialty trade subcontractors to identify and pursue new opportunities that will help them grow their business and workforce.
We do this by utilizing the latest technology to scrape the web for construction projects and ingest that content into our data platform. We then utilize master data management to define relationships amongst data elements and bring this together for our customers in an intuitive user experience, with analytics to truly challenge the art of the possible. The company’s brands include Dodge Construction Central, Dodge Global Network, Dodge Pipeline, Dodge Mobile, Dodge Business Intelligence Suite, and Sweets.
We’re looking for great people who share our passion and vision, come join us!
About the role:
Dodge Data & Analytics is searching for a Principal Dotnet Developer to be part of the Dodge team. You will be responsible for developing high-performance, responsive user interfaces used by our customers. You will be working with a team of developers to create best practices and deliver software at a pace. You will also be collaborating with other teams including architecture, Product Management, and operations.
What you’ll do:
- Work as a part of an Agile development team to design and implement a web application
- Publish and govern best practices and ensure standards are followed
- Mentor/guide other developers
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Supporting QA activities including unit, functional, integration testing
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of proven experience in web application development
- Proficiency in .Net Framework /.Net Core, IIS, MVC 5+
- Proficiency in building Unit Tests & API tests
- 3+ years building, deploying and supporting infrastructure with cloud technologies on AWS
- Proficiency using search databases such as Elasticsearch, SOLR, or MarkLogic
- Experience with security concepts like OAuth and saml
- Experience building high availability, distributed application using Microservices
- Hands-on experience in software deployment tools like Jenkins, Git, BitBucket, etc.
- Working knowledge of technologies Angular + Redux is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and Scrum framework for software development
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interface with Software Development teams and Product Management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
ConstructionInformation Technology and ServicesInformation Services
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada