G3 Genuine Guide Gear
Product Development Engineer
G3 earns the admiration of the backcountry community with each technically advanced product release. G3 is looking for a talented Product Development Engineer to build on product successes and continue to innovate and push the limit of technology to elevate our end users’ experience to new levels. Our collective mantra of “Doing Things Well” is what drives us to stick to our guns, live by our values, and tenaciously push through challenges.
You will be tasked with championing innovation in our climbing skins category. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, your first project will involve adhesives, textile bonding, and material selections. You will work with the Product Development team to execute and lead product creation from conceptualization, design, and development; through testing, manufacturing, and commercialization; as well as post-launch support and end of life.
Along with new product development, the PDE provides engineering support to manufacturing to enhance and improve current designs; identifies and evaluates new candidate materials and processes; and develops testing methods (both bench and field) to drive these activities.
You need to be:
- highly self-motivated with a passion for success and the tenacity to get there
- confident to stand up for strongly held beliefs
- humble to explore differing opinions and open to change
- able to operate independently, yet welcome feedback and support
- comfortable with failure and the growth it brings
You need to have experienced:
- the pride of an idea coming to life in the hands of a consumer, knowing you managed the multidisciplinary team that got it there
- projects that have tested your knowledge, tried your patience, and pushed you to new levels of creativity
- the creation of solutions from textiles, through four or more years of technical hard or soft goods product development
- the rigors of an Engineering degree, Bachelors or Masters, or equivalent
You need to excel at:
- defining problems, ideating solutions, and leading the charge to realization
- creating and executing test plans, with experience using D/PFMEA concepts
- translating ideas and concepts into reality, using 3D CAD, FEA (SolidWorks experience preferred), other simulations and mathematical models
- documentation and communication
Location and Travel:
The Product Development Engineer role is primarily based out of our design center and lab located at our head office in Burnaby, BC. We foster a trust-based environment with the focus being on deliverables versus face time. We offer the flexibility and resources to balance working from and commuting to the office to best support success. While travel is on hold for now, we expect that occasional international travel to vendors or trade shows may be required in the future. Field testing is a must, but we haven’t missed a beat with our backyard being the Coast Mountains!
The company is growing and profitable yet still nimble. G3 continues to receive awards for innovative, beautifully designed, functional products. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with immersive product passion willing to focus creativity and integrity to make the best backcountry gear in the world.
Applications should be submitted through LinkedIn, or via email to [email protected], and must quote “PD:PDE2021” in subject line. We thank everyone for applying; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada