MÃ©tis Nation British Columbia
Program Coordinator- Housing Development
PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITION (37.5 hrs per week)
LOCATION: Provincial Office – #107, 5668 – 192 Street, Surrey *Métis Nation BC’s Provincial Office will be moving to Station Tower (13401 – 108th Avenue, Surrey) on June 1, 2021*
CLOSES: March 31, 2021 at 4:30 PM PST
ABOUT MÉTIS NATION BRITISH COLUMBIA
Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) develops and enhances opportunities for our Métis communities by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services. Through teamwork, respect, dedication, accountability, integrity, and professionalism, MNBC strives to build a proud, self-governing, sustainable Nation in recognition of inherent rights for our Métis citizens, assisting in the delivery of services based on policy, process, and specified regulations.
MNBC offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit package or health-care spending account, and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan after three (3) months.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a highly motivated, team-orientated individual to join our Ministry of Housing and Homelessness team as a Program Coordinator- Housing Development.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Housing and Homelessness, the primary objective of the role is to provide direct support to the Senior Director of Housing and Homelessness in the identification, planning, development, and operation of Metis housing and related building developments. This role will also provide support to other MNBC housing programs and works under the Made for Métis Housing Strategy.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Housing and Homelessness, the Housing Development Coordinator oversees the identification, planning, development, and operation of Métis housing across British Columbia.
- Plans and develops programs designed to address Métis housing needs in consultation with the Senior Director of Housing and Homelessness.
- Plans and implements program activities and special events.
- Formulates program policies and procedures and evaluates programs in consultation with the Senior Director.
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of MNBC housing development by ensuring that necessary facilities and equipment are in place, program guidelines and policies are adhered to, and program standards are met.
- Manages the financial integrity and accountability of MNBC housing development programming: monitors expenditures within existing budgets and guidelines, report out as required, and make budget recommendations.
- Promotes public awareness of and support for our programs by performing duties such as producing promotional material and attending community events.
- Contribute relevant content to the creation of communication materials, such as media releases, and responses to funders.
- Liaises with community service providers and other professionals to coordinate service provision, facilitate referrals to the program and represent the organization or program in external events.
- Maintains related records and statistics and produces reports as required.
- Supervises program staff by performing duties such as assigning work, providing feedback on performance, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of program staff by performing duties such as screening applicants, participating on interview panels, and making hiring recommendations.
- Schedules program staff in accordance with program staffing requirements.
- Orients, determines the need for and provides training to program staff, volunteers, and practicum students.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Diploma in a related field
- Three (3) years of recent related experience, including a minimum of One (1) year in a supervisory role.
- Combination of relevant experience, education, and training will be considered.
- Knowledge and/or awareness of the historical and contemporary contributions made by Métis people in B.C.
- Experience in overseeing multifaceted projects is an asset.
- Knowledge or experience working with people who are homeless, are at risk of homelessness or are housing insecure.
- Experience operating a program within a government or non-profit setting, an asset.
- Experience in data collection and needs assessment implementation, an asset.
- Knowledge or experience with the principles of housing needs, the housing continuum, and homelessness,
- Knowledge or experience in housing development, affordable housing, and the municipal land development process.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lead, problem solve, and utilize team-building skills
- Proven ability to utilize strong interpersonal skills to deal with others effectively
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to utilize, adapt and embrace new technologies, including Word, Excel and other database/software required by the role
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of MNBC
- There will be a need to attend meetings and events which may require work and travel outside of the normal business hours.
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s license and access to reliable personal vehicle for work purposes
The above requirements are what MNBC is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change based on needs.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nation, Métis or Inuit). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST APPLY BY Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 4:30 PM PST.
Using Program Coordinator- Housing Development in the subject line of your email, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Senior Director- Ministry of Housing and Homelessness
Métis Nation British Columbia
Political OrganizationGovernment AdministrationGovernment Relations
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada