Project Manager, Regulatory Compliance
Department: Strategic Transformation Group
Division: Energy, Fleet and Facility
Position: Project Manager, Regulatory Compliance
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a full time permanent position, working 35 hours per week.
Halton Region serves more than 595,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to delivering high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work.
Joining Halton Region opens the door to a fulfilling career. Our comprehensive compensation, great benefits and employee recognition program are a few reasons why we are one of the GTA’s Top Employers.
We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions.
Reporting to the Project Manager III, this position will lead projects related to development of documented processes, procedures and metrics to help deliver quality Energy, Fleet & Facilities related services. The position would be responsible for the development of efficient and effective processes for delivery of services, continuous improvement of those processes, and developing and implementing comprehensive compliance strategies to ensure ongoing adherence to relevant Acts and Regulations.
The successful candidate must have a degree or diploma in civil engineering, environmental science, occupational health & safety or other related program. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in environmental, occupational health and safety or management systems, preferably in a Facilitities environment. Municipal/Regional experience is an asset.The position requires an in-depth knowledge of Federal and Provincial Acts and Regulations relating to Energy, Fleet & Facilities services (i.e. Occupational Health & Safety Act, Environmental Protection Act, Building Code Act, Electrical Safety Code, etc.). Knowledge and experience with process mapping and continuous improvement is required. A professional designation or ability to qualify for engineering, project management, environmental, OHS or auditing certifications is an asset. Examples include Professional Engineer (P. Eng.), Certified Engineering Technologist (CET), Project Management Professional (PMP), Environmental Professional (EP), Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH) or others. Auditor training or experience along with knowledge of process mapping and continual improvement would be preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word and Excel), effective communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills is required to excel in this collaborative work environment. Knowledge of Visio, management system software, E-Learning software (e.g. Articulate) and learning management systems is also an asset.
Police clearance language:
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, by the first day of employment.
Travel will be required; incumbent must provide their own transportation. The incumbent will be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license by their first day of employment.
· Provides technical, administrative and analytical knowledge to support the Energy, Fleet and Facilities team in reviewing, planning and monitoring compliance related to Energy, Fleet and Facilities services.
· Leads projects related to compliance or Occupational Health & Safety initiatives.
· Develop documented processes through review of existing practices and evaluation against industry best practices, develop metrics to evaluate on going performance, and review performance against the expected to ensure that our facilities are meeting our client’s service expectations.
· Helps author operational procedures across all Energy, Fleet and Facilities services. Ensures compliance related documents are up-to-date and accurate.
· Supports the mapping and development of processes for environmental/OH&S, Fire Safety, Electrical Safety and Accessibility compliance.
· Conducts internal audits of Energy, Fleet and Facilities systems and compliance audits related to environmental and OH&S initiatives and other established Energy, Fleet and Facilities processes.
· Assist the operating groups to ensure that documentation and data are updated regularly and tracked to reflect our on-going operational practices, and will review to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
· Develop strategies to ensure compliance with relevant legislation (Health & Safety, environmental, Building Code, Electrical Safety, Fire Safety, etc…), and track our compliance history to reduce Regional risk and ensure the availability of the facilities to meet our service requirements and expectations
· Administers and supports the learning management system software (TRAKS) (i.e. upload of training files and development of training curricula) and management system software (i.e. document creation and migration, staff training and support etc.).
· Supports legislation interpretation and support of approvals process
· Develops and delivers various training and informational presentations.
· Performs other duties as required.
Posted: February 22, 2021
Posting Expires: March 15, 2021
Posting #: STG-102-21
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Government AdministrationCivil Engineering
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.