National Bank of Canada
Residential financing manager
- Are you known for your engaging leadership?
- Do you have experience in business development?
- Does leading your team to achieve results motivate you?
Come and make a difference by joining the largest mobile sales force responsible for mortgage products and services in the region of Saguenay Lac Saint Jean
You will help achieve objectives by leading and coaching your team on an ongoing basis and providing them with positive and creative solutions.
You will report to the Assistant Vice-President and supervise a team of 10 financing residential specialists.
More information about the role
- Help the Assistant Vice-President implement the business plan
- Inform your team of the expected financial contribution in relation to the business plan and identify the behaviours and activities required to achieve objectives
- Accompany members of the mobile sales force to meetings with key partners in the local community (e.g. franchised real-estate agencies) and help build profitable business relationships
- Work in collaboration with internal partners (branch managers, coaches, etc.) to offer clients a superior experience
- Regularly and thoroughly monitor the team’s business development activities to identify positive aspects as well as opportunities to improve performance
- Define and assign territories according to market potential and manage employee availability
- Explain to the team the rules set out for client segmentation, client referrals, transaction execution, risk management, regulatory compliance and operating procedures, and make sure they are followed
- Develop a talent pool by identifying and prospecting for potential recruits and maintaining an active presence in the local mortgage professional community.
The candidate needs to be able to identify all risks inherent to the Personal and Commercial Banking sector’s activities.
- Based on your academic background, at least 4 to 8 years of experience in managing a team of advisor-representatives and business development in the financial industry:
- University certificate and 8 years of experience
- OR bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience
- OR master’s degree and 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in personnel management
- Experience in management and coaching
- Relevant experience in business development
- Negotiation experience
- Experience in coaching and providing support
- Mortgage credit experience
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of collaboration tools (Skype, SharePoint, Yammer, etc.)
- Ability to communicate with and engage employees
- French both spoken and written and English, an asset
At National Bank, we stand out by investing in our employees throughout their careers—as demonstrated when we were awarded silver in the “Most Innovative use of HR Technology” category at the 2020 Canadian HR Awards for our use of Axonify, a personalized learning solution that can be used every day.
The Bank has innovated by modernizing its performance evaluation system to better meet our clients’ evolving needs. From now on, the corporate values (expected behaviours) of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as the business objectives.
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank values all aspects of diversity and sees it as a tremendous source of wealth. We want to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management has made a concrete commitment to promote this value across all sectors of the organization. We’re committed to providing accommodations as needed and ensuring accessibility during the recruitment process and after hiring. If you have any specific needs, please let us know during our initial conversation and we’ll be happy to accommodate you
Come and see how: https://jobs.nbc.ca/diversity
Ready to make a difference within a team? To have a positive impact? Submit your application!
Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.