Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Position Number: 20033074
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Children’s Respiratory Therapy Departmen
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends;Non-Repeating (non-conforming)
Daily Hours Worked: 11.63
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $32.147, $33.109, $34.103, $35.124, $36.180, $37.264, $38.382
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general supervision of the Manager (or designate), the incumbent provides therapeutic, diagnostic, technical and teaching respiratory therapy services consistent with discipline and professional standards while adhering to the employer’s mission, values and management philosophy.
- At least one year previous related experience preferred.
- Experience in the management of neonatal and pediatric critical care preferred.
- Entry-to-practice academic credential in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited Canadian program or a MARRT approved equivalent, if internationally educated, is required.
- Child and Women’s Health Program – certification in NRP is required.
- Certification in PALS is preferred.
- Current registration with the MARRT required.
- Current registration/membership in the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) is preferred.
- Certified in Basic Cardiac Life Support and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
- Certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred.
Qualifications And Skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Knowledge of critical care ventilators including High Frequency devices including but not limited to VN500, Avea, JET and 3100 A & B is required.
- Knowledge of home ventilatory assistive devices such as Trilogy ventilators and NPPV devices is preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other disciplines and demonstrate professional judgment and initiative.
- Knowledge of the physiological, social, cultural and economic aspects of patient care.
- Ability to organize and complete assignments with a minimum of supervision.
- Willingness to adapt to new concepts, techniques and best practice in the academic and clinical fields of health care.
- Must have experience with computers including office productivity and e-mail software.
- Demonstrate good critical thinking skills.
- Good physical and mental health, manual dexterity and visual acuity are required.
- Ability to stand and walk and perform manual ventilation with one or both hands for prolonged periods.
- Ability to run to emergencies.
- Ability to lift heavy medical equipment including measuring devices, monitors, D and E size gas cylinders and other equipment (weighing up to15 pounds/6.8 kg).
- Ability to push wheeled medical equipment.
- Ability to move H and M size gas cylinders (weighing 66 to 100 pounds/30 to 45.5 kg).
- Ability to assist with the positioning of clients.
- May be required to occasionally work extended hours.
- May be required to work a variety of shifts including nights and weekends.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, radiation, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress etc..
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/staff/visitors.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Health Care Provider
Nonprofit Organization ManagementMental Health CareHospital & Health Care
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.