Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Position Number: 20003699
Posting End Date: March 19, 2021
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Work Location: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Adult Anesthesia HSC
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date – End Date: ASAP – Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 8.00
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Salary: $19.488, $20.073, $20.675, $21.295, $21.934, $22.592
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Reporting to the Manager, Patient Care, Anesthesia and under the general direction of the Site Medical Director – Anesthesia Program, Health Sciences Centre, the incumbent is responsible for the efficient, effective provision of administrative and scheduling support for the Adult Anesthesia Program at HSC and several community sites. Duties include:
- Providing administrative support to the Manager, Patient Care, Anesthesia and the Site Medical Director, HSC Anesthesia
- Scheduling of Adult Anesthesiologists and Fellows for clinical service at HSC and community sites. This includes OR, Pain Clinic, Anesthesia Pre-admit Clinics, off-Site areas, as well as call coverage. Ensuring that schedules are up to date in the Anesthesia Program scheduling system (VENTIS).
- SAP Payroll entries for clinical and support staff in HSC Anesthesia Org Units.
- General secretarial responsibilities include receiving all incoming correspondence, inquiries and telephone calls and preparing a variety of general and confidential correspondence, administrative and statistical reports.
- Other administrative duties as required by the Manager, Patient Care, Anesthesia and/or Site Medical Director, HSC Anesthesia.
- Provide coverage to other administrative staff during periods of absence.
- Two years previous secretarial /administrative assistant experience required.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a recognized secretarial training program required.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Qualifications And Skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Typing 50 wpm, Medical terminology required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Demonstrated proficiency in VENTIS preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAP preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Familiarity with HSC internal structure, corporate policies and procedures, and physical layout preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Decision making ability, good judgment, initiative, and the ability to prioritize and handle assignments from more than one individual at a time is essential.
- Must be able to function well under pressure and effectively contribute to a team environment. Must respect the confidentiality of clinical and administrative information.
- No physical restrictions. Position requires both long periods in front of a computer, and occasional lifting/pushing and walking across HSC campus.
- Fast-paced environment that involves multitasking.
- Position involves many interruptions while performing tasks; organizational skills are imperative.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nonprofit Organization ManagementMental Health CareHospital & Health Care
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.