Structa Wire ULC
Senior Design Engineer
Senior Machine Designer
Acceptable for Mexican citizens eligible for Immigration to Canada (Under NAFTA)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop machine concepts and detailed designs for custom automated high speed, multi motion precision machinery and work stations. Analyzes concepts for function, stress analysis, ergonomics, safety, and manufacturability.
2. Specifies mechanical motion systems, proper part fits, maintenance and servicing accessibility, and machine sensor and motion verification systems.
3. Write a detailed sequence of operations – naming configurations to be used by the control team when setting up the operator interface screen descriptions for machine documentation.
4. Ability to perform necessary calculations to determine all forces including static, dynamic & inertial. Calculate power requirements & sizing of all components.
5. Proficient with software for engineering calculations
6. Knowledge of robotics and automation would be an asset
7. Specify and designs all mechanical safety devices per authority and company standards. Gives guidance to electrical engineer for electrical systems and controls
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada