Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) SociÃ©tÃ© canadienne d'hypothÃ¨ques et de logement(SCHL)
Senior Manager, Modelling (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Join the Oversight & Risk Analytics Team, where we enable each employee to embrace strategic risks within established limits.
You will lead a team of analysts and oversees the application of advanced analytical skills, data science and knowledge of Canada’s financial and mortgage sectors to modelling initiatives at CMHC including model development, model validation and the interpretation of model results with the ultimate purposes of informing decision making, enhancing risk management and building automated systems.
- Oversee the development of new models and/or the interpretation of model results to inform business decisions and analysis; models are used for purposes such as risk assessment for underwriting, pricing, stress testing, capital adequacy assessment, business analytics including financial projections, and automated systems and tools including the maintenance of models throughout their life cycle.
- Manage model development projects by leading or coordinating multi-disciplinary teams whose members may include model users, internal modelling experts, external modelling experts and other stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of model performance to ensure ongoing quality. Engage staff to identify opportunities for improvement and determine whether recommendations to improve models and analytical tools will be implemented.
- Oversee the migration of models from development to production system environments.
- Keep in tune with industry trends, techniques, tools and use cases to steer CMHC internal improvement and innovation of modelling, big data analytics, data science, machine learning, and distributed/cloud computing.
- Lead analysts in the application of expertise and business knowledge to analyze current issues. Address and resolve complex issues through the application of such expertise.
- Postgraduate degree or higher in a quantitative discipline such as finance, mathematics, economics, statistics and actuarial sciences.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in modelling, quantitative analytics, or data science at a bank, insurance company, asset manager or other type of financial institution.
- Three years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of mathematical finance and risk management.
- Excellent understanding of Canada’s financial sector and real estate markets.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct rigorous analysis using critical thinking and judgment to resolve complex issues.
- Professional designation (Actuarial, Chartered Financial Analyst, Professional Risk Manager, Financial Risk Manager, Certificate in Quantitative Finance) considered an asset.
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5403
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Travel Requirement: Occasional
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Charlottetown (PE); Edmonton (AB); Halifax (NS); Moncton (NB); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Quebec (QC); Saskatoon (SK); St. John’s (NL); Thunder Bay (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC); Winnipeg (MB); Yellowknife (NT)
BankingGovernment AdministrationFinancial Services
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.