Williams Accounting Professional Corporation
Senior Staff Accountant
The Senior Staff Accountant will directly assist the Clients or work independently in the day-to-day activities and month-end closings, using different software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare year-end engagements and tax returns for the clients in a wide variety of industries.
- Prepare working paper files and financial statements with notes disclosures per regulatory and firm standards.
- Prepare Notice to Reader, Review Engagement and Audit Engagement files.
- Preparation of monthly/Quarterly bookkeeping, payroll, GST/HST returns and other government benefit programs.
- Preparation of personal, corporate & Trust tax returns and tax slips – especially working knowledge of Profile software.
- Develop positive working relationships with our clients and effectively respond to their requests and suggestions on a timely manner.
- Following-up with CRA on questions relating to payroll, assessments, GST/HST, business numbers and CRA audits.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- 1-2 years’ experience in public accounting practice is MUST. Do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
- Good knowledge of Caseware, Jazz-it, Profile, QuickBooks Desktop, QBO and Sage accounting software.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- A university degree in Accounting
- CPA or working towards CPA designation.
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience in a similar role
- Must have hands-on experience in Quick Books
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be a team player
We thank all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Brampton, Ontario, Canada