LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
To supervise and manage all plant operations and activities related to the manufacturing processes during the designated operating shift or specific areas of the plant. To support corporate business objectives and ensure compliance with all safety, quality, and environmental standards, policies and regulations.
- Ensure safety of all employees and contractors working in operating unit or department by driving continuous improvement towards a true safety culture. This includes supporting all corporate safety programs; developing SOP’s, identifying and eliminating hazards, and enforcing all safety rules.
- Ensure compliance with all standards and programs (safety, environmental, quality, maintenance and manufacturing policies and procedures) during the designated operating shift.
- Follow and support manufacturing or departmental activities of the site business plan with minimal guidance, deploy and communicate goals, objectives and performance measures related to area of responsibility.
- Supervise employees within a mill department or production team. Responsible for training, performance management preparation and communication of work schedules, and daily work assignments. Includes duties from staff and self-development, coaching, counseling on performance feedback, up to initiating and assisting with corrective action.
- Assist and participate with hiring, interviewing, selection and orientation process.
- Prepare detailed reports and maintain records and documentation according to guidelines in a timely and accurate manner.
- May participate in cross-functional teams, such as production meetings, safety committee and site business teams.
- Drives specific process improvement, cost reduction and continuous improvement projects, as directed.
- To supervise and manage all aspects of plant operations and activities related to the manufacturing processes during the designated operating shift or specific areas of the plant.
- Report promptly to appropriate managers/departments when upset conditions occur on shift or within area of responsibility.. Take appropriate mitigating actions to ensure employee safety, plant and environmental protection, product quality, and shipping schedules. Investigate causes of upset conditions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ability to manage and work with outside contractors.
- Attend all supervisory training.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations, including maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, continuous improvement processes and their affect on cost of production.
- Knowledge of correct application of systems and processes that ensures continuous improvement (safety, maintenance, quality and manufacturing).
- Understanding of safety and environmental requirements.
- Ability to interpret and apply HR, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication and analytical skills problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and resources.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships within and outside of manufacturing.
- Ability to interpret and apply corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to motivate, coach, lead and train direct reports through daily job assignments, team meetings, etc.
- Ability to operate computer and supporting software programs.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years post high school education strongly preferred.
- 2+ years in Production/Manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years supervisory/management experience.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Plant environment.
- Shift work
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.
Electrical/Electronic ManufacturingConstructionConsumer Goods
Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.