Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) SociÃ©tÃ© canadienne d'hypothÃ¨ques et de logement(SCHL)
Specialist, Quantitative Analysis – Fraud Risk (Position can be located anywhere in Canada)
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Join the Client Operations Team where we make housing affordability solutions easy. You will support the fraud risk management program by monitoring the risks resulting from suspected fraud events and proactively manage current fraud strategies to ensure they fall within risk appetite parameters.
This is a temporary position of a duration of 12 months.
- Assess and interpret data to determine risk concentration and other indicators of risk including potential consideration of fraud.
- Review, develop and implement analytical models for risk assessment to enable the business to focus on high-risk areas based on the fraud risk appetite framework and undertake remedial action as required.
- Develop models and tools with a high level of proficiency and have an in-depth understanding of the modelling methodology in order to articulate the logic and reasonability applied.
- Design and implement effective detection and decision-making strategies to ensure the highest fraud risk scenarios are properly prioritized within the fraud risk appetite framework.
- Develop and maintain appropriate tools, KPI’s, databases, templates and metrics required for documenting and reporting fraud scenarios with their risk, financial and enterprise impacts.
- Monitor the risks and effectiveness of controls, and audit the key processes, practices and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field such as business, finance or commerce.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in quantitative analysis, statistics and programming.
- Strong knowledge of R, Python, Power BI, and SQL. Alteryx would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to undertake and complete multiple, concurrent tasks andmanage tight deadlines.
- Solid oral and written communication skills. French would be considered a strong asset.
- Certification in audit or fraud examination would be considered an asset.
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5372
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)
BankingGovernment AdministrationFinancial Services
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.