Stack – Logstash – Sr. Software Engineer
The Logstash project is an open source streaming ETL (extract-transform-load) tool that is capable of capturing data from multiple sources, reshaping and enriching, and pushing it to multiple destinations. It is structured around a set of more than 200 plugins and a core platform that wires these plugins together into one or multiple continuously processing pipelines. The project is written in a mix of JRuby and Java.
Our team is small and distributed across the globe and we communicate mostly through Slack, GitHub, email and Zoom.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining and leading the development of the core platform and plugins into the future
- Lead the efforts of improving Logstash’s (and its plugins) usability, performance and robustness
- Engaging with multiple public GitHub repositories and community forums
- Caring for the needs of our users and enterprise customers
- Contributing to development process, improving tools and automation
- Collaborating with other teams to drive product goals
- Working together with the support organisation to help our customers.
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to work in a remote-first environment, which implies excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
- Critical thinking, autonomy and being proactive
- Proven back end focussed skills preferably in Java and/or Ruby/JRuby, or a track record of developing distributed applications and willingness to learn an additional language.
- Experience with test driven development and/or software delivery backed by comprehensive testing, continuous integration and automation
- Experience in back-end distributed application development (cloud, orchestration, Linux/Windows services, etc).
- Knowledge of message brokers (like Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS), database technologies (namely JDBC), non-RDBMS databases (like MongoDB and Neo4j) and any sort data streaming technology
- Familiarity with typical programming support tools such as Travis, Jenkins, GitHub, Git
- 4+ years of industry experience.
What would help:
- Experience with JRuby and the rest of the Elastic Stack
- Front-end/UI experience (full-stack engineer with React/Angular)
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email [email protected]
Information Technology and ServicesComputer SoftwareInternet
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Por favor, para solicitar este trabajo visita ca.linkedin.com.